Monday, June 25, 2012

Obamacare to be struck down on Thursday

Best part is that SCOTUSBlog the opinion is being written by Chief Justice Roberts and possibly co-authored by Justice Kennedy. This is a good sign. This means at a minimum the mandate went down. Personally I don't see any of the law standing but stranger things have happened.

As most of you know I am currently in England because of that I get to actually see a single payer healthcare system in operation. I also get to hear opinions on these things from the Brits who actually have to live this.


So today I was asked by one of the Brits what this health care law was that he kept hearing about. It was actually being reported on Sky News here in England today. I didn't get to see what they said or how they slanted or didn't slant it but none the less, at least its being reported.

So after I explained to him the individual mandate portion vs the commerce clause, along with the lack of a sever-ability clause in the law, he seemed to get a little more interested. I had to explain the differences between how health care works in a somewhat private system vs one that is completely government run. What he told me in response was telling. "Sounds like the rubbish we have here, and it's pretty useless."

So there you have it folks what we always knew. Even the people with the gov run health care don't want it.

Anyway back to what I was saying. Thursday we get to see Obama cry. Man it will be a beautiful day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment