Saturday, June 23, 2012

Woman sues 11 yr old over baseball,

I found a story on Fox News that basically told me everything that is wrong with this country today. No one is willing to accept their own problems. Everything is somebody elses fault.

Case in point a New Jersey woman is suing a 13 yr old boy for something that happened when he was 11. What happened you ask? Did he burn her house down, wreck her car, destroy her wedding day? Nope, she was sitting next to the bull pen where he was warming up another pitcher for his team. Shockingly an 11 year old wasn't the most accurate with one throw that sailed on him and hit the woman in the face. Now she's suing for $150,000 plus pain and suffering.




A few things here, I played baseball most of my childhood life, no age group is without the errant throw from time to time, it just happens. Secondly I don't know many 11 year olds that can throw hard enough to cause 150 grand in damages to the face.

I remember a time when I was 16 I was catching to warm up a relief pitcher for our team. I misjudged a curve ball and had it hit me directly in the head. When he was throwing AT me as hard as he can. Amount of medical bills and damage to my face? 0. Number of lawsuits filed on my behalf? 0. Why? Because I'm not an asshat looking for any reason to blame someone else for my problems. I took some tylenol and dealt with it.

So this broad in her infinite intelligence was sitting at a picnic table that was next to the fenced bullpen. You know where pitcher warm up. After all of it though, this is the part that bothered me the most:


The lawsuit filed April 24 alleges Migliaccio's errant throw was intentional and reckless, "assaulted and battered" Lloyd and caused "severe, painful and permanent" injuries.

So an 11 year old that makes a bad throw is intention and reckless and has the power to make severe, painful, and permanent injuries. I remember there were signs around the field I played on in Little League that made it very clear you were there on your own, and the field was not responsible for a ball hitting you while you were at a game were the very purpose is for the balls to fly around. Sometimes at extremely fast speeds after being smacked by extremely hard pieces of metal/wood.

When it first happened Matthew Migliaccio and his family were concerned for the woman, I mean she had just taken a baseball to the face, and it doesn't feel good. Unfortunately for them the woman was a parasite on the human race and the boy started receiving threatening letters almost immediately afterward.
So yeah, I can see exactly why democrats tell us we are crazy when we say we need tort reform.

No comments:

Post a Comment